Systems Engineer 949 334 0340
For Joe Dunkle, Zumasys Support Engineer, no problem is ever beyond repair. A gearhead at heart, Joe loves fixing up classic cars and making them roadworthy again. By the time Joe was 18, he had rebuilt two classic Mustangs that won awards at shows around California. Joe’s knack for problem solving makes him a perfect fit behind the support desk at Zumasys, helping customers resolve issues and get back to business quickly.
Growing up in Northern California, Joe became obsessed with computers at an early age. Countless hours of playing Super Mario Bros. led to learning MS-DOS at 10 years old, to building his own computer and running his high school website at 15. As a senior in high school, Joe jumped right into the tech industry as a full time corporate help desk engineer, where he stayed for 14 years providing network administration and support.
Joe spends his time away from work with his wife Mandy and their new daughter, often taking road trips with his family across the state to San Francisco, the redwoods, or Mount Shasta. When he’s not working on his latest automotive project out in the garage, you might even catch Joe at an auto show or at the shooting range.
How does what you do benefit customers? I work with Zumasys’s valued customers to help them resolve their most challenging IT problems so they can get the most out of the cloud.
- Joined: 2014
- Credits: Microsoft MCTS, Citrix Certified Administrator, Sonicwall Certified, HP Certified, OS X Certified
- Full-Blown obsession: Automotive, I’m a huge gearhead
- Role Models: Abraham Lincoln, JFK, Steve Jobs
- Favorite movie quote: “Say hello to my little friend!”
- On the bucket list: Take a cross-country trip from California to Washington, D.C.
- In my free time: Spending time with family, being outdoors, road trips, exercising, and target shooting
- Hidden talents: I can make a mean grilled cheese!