Senior Developer 949 334 0334
For Kevin Jones, Senior Developer at Zumasys, family has always come first. Growing up in Morrisville, New York, Kevin graduated from SUNY Morrisville A&T with an Associate’s degree in Mathematics and from SUNY Binghamton with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. While working as an accountant in the cable connector industry, Kevin discovered that he had a natural talent for programming, particularly with Pick databases.
Over the next fifteen years Kevin worked at a variety of companies including Oxford Health Plans where we was the Technical Lead on the claims clean up process and helping to start a phone company. From 2000 on he worked in Education while raising his four children. Kevin developed applications in both PICK and Visual Studio to help students and faculty more efficiently build schedules as well as winning and award for Alumni portal design.
Knowing how much his family means to him, Kevin has always found fulfillment in building applications and software that helps people get their jobs done quicker, so they can get home to be with their own families. When Tom McTeer first saw Kevin’s work at Murphy and Nolan, Tom recommended to Paul Giobbi that they bring Kevin aboard. Kevin’s focus on family makes him a perfect fit for Zumasys’s culture, where he takes a personal interest in helping customers optimize their Pick databases so they can spend less time worrying about their applications and more time with the people they care about. With over 15 years of experience in Pick databases and SQL servers, Kevin provides the expert knowledge that customers need to get the most out of their business applications.
When he’s not at work, Kevin is most likely out on the field playing Lacrosse or sitting in a tub of ice recovering. Off the field, Kevin loves spending time with his kids, listening to music, biking, and gardening.
How does what you do benefit customers? I help customers lower their overhead by optimizing the efficiency of their computer systems, so they can leave work on time and get home to be with their families.
- Joined: 2013
- Credits: SUNY Morrisville, Associate’s in Mathematics-1981, SUNY Binghamton, Bachelor’s in Accounting-1983
- Favorite band: Metallica, Springsteen
- Inspiration: The dignity and courage I see in people who struggle do simple things like walk, when in my sixth decade I can still run. It reminds me to treasure all of the gifts I have been given by God.
- Favorite lyric: “It’s not what you got, but what you give.”
- Quote to live by: “Since we came together so miraculously, let us not lead a trivial life; let us together become active in a noble manner” – Goethe