UX/UI Software Engineer
As a UX/UI Software Engineer at Zumasys, Ryan works to make internal, customer, and public web spaces work smoother. Ryan has been developing web sites since 2002 when he developed his first web site for his band. After graduating from college, he started his own web development business which he successfully ran for six years. Looking to grow in his career and skillset, Ryan took a job as the Web Director and Lead Web Developer at 454 Creative, where he worked for four years before joining Zumasys.
In his spare time, Ryan enjoys cooking and sharing meals with his friends and family, playing music, and performing comedy routines. He also enjoys spending time outdoors where you can find him swimming, paddle boarding, or rollerblading. Ryan enjoys anything that involves connecting with people—is a type 9 on the Enneagram scale.
How does what you do benefit customers? The software and user interfaces I create help make it easier and more efficient for customers to interact with Zumasys services and software.
- Joined: January 2018
- Credits: Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from University of California Irvine
- Favorite band: Peter Gabriel, Eric Whitacre, Jon Foreman, u2, Thomas Newman, anything from the 80s
- Full-blown obsession: comedy—currently finishing the improv comedy program at UCB
- Inspiration: C.S. Lewis, the day, my parents, Dan Allendar, Jesus, my niece, Jerry Seinfeld, being alive…
- Favorite lyric or quote to live by: “And how could we endure to live and let time pass if we were always cyring for one day or one year to come back—if we did not know that every day in a life fills the whole life with expectation and memory and that these are that day?” – C.S. Lewis
- On my tombstone: Loved others well and had a Facebook account
- On the bucket list: Perform standup comedy, use a squirrel suit (not sure that’s realistic), give an inspirational speech, learn to surf, see the Northern Lights