Upcoming Maintenance on Saturday, July 26
On [tweetable]Saturday, July 26, the Zumasys Cloud Platform will be undergoing scheduled maintenance as we upgrade our vCloud Director platform from version 5.1 to version 5.5[/tweetable]. The Zumasys vCloud Portal will be unavailable from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time. The upgrade process will not impact performance and environments will remain fully functional.
The upgrade to vCloud Director 5.5 will bring many new features for our hosted customers, including:
- Improved catalog sharing
- Ability to publish catalogs externally
- Automated versioning of catalog content
- Support for storing additional file types to the catalog
vApp provisioning and life-cycle management
- Ability to edit virtual hardware
- Ability to import vApps directly into the virtual datacenter without having to first upload to the catalog
- Ability to clone running and suspended vApps, including capturing memory state
- Native OVA file support
- Support for CentOS as an operating system for hosting the vCloud Director cell
- Support for the Google Chrome Web browser along with the ability to access virtual machine consoles from Mac OS
Yes, you read that right: Google Chrome and Mac OS are now supported for portal management. Thank you, VMware!
You can find a complete description of what is new on VMware’s website: What’s New with VMware vCloud Director 5.5 Technical Whitepaper
And if you enjoy getting your hands dirty in the Zumasys vCloud Portal, check out the vCloud Director 5.5 User Guide.
Also, over the next few months, we will be upgrading the backend virtual infrastructure that supports our hosted customers from vSphere 5.1 to 5.5, so keep an eye out for notifications regarding that.
Now share this
[tweetable alt=”Google Chrome and Mac OS now supported in @VMware #vCloud Director 5.5 http://zum.as/1qA5OAv”]Google Chrome and Mac OS now supported in @VMware #vCloud Director 5.5[/tweetable]
[tweetable alt=”What’s New in vCloud Director 5.5 #VMware http://zum.as/1qA5OAv”]What’s New in vCloud Director 5.5 #VMware[/tweetable]
Join our mailing list
Sign up to receive notifications of new posts!