AccuTerm® Cloud terminal emulation software allows you to access your MultiValue application–whether it is on-premises or in the cloud–from any Windows device. AccuTerm® Cloud is the fastest way to web-enable your legacy MultiValue, Unix, or Linux applications. With AccuTerm® Cloud, your customers, clients, vendors, and off-site employees can access your Graphical User Interface (GUI) and character-based applications simply by clicking a link in their favorite web browser.
Why AccuTerm® Cloud?
AccuTerm® Cloud supports all of AccuTerm’s powerful emulation and host integration features, including AccuTerm’s private programming commands, GUI, automatic font scaling, VBA scripting, and file transfer. However, the user interface elements such as menus and toolbars are not present, since the web browser provides the user interface. AccuTerm® Cloud makes it easy to deploy your legacy applications on the web.
AccuTerm® Cloud features:
- Users access legacy applications using a supported web browser on their PC
- No need to learn another program
- Super-Accurate terminal emulations
- Licensed on a per-server basis‒–no charge for client licenses
- Digitally signed components ensure authenticity
- SSH provides secure connections and prevents unauthorized access
Internet Client plug-in is a 32-bit Windows program and is compatible with both 32- & 64-bit versions of:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 & 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows XP (SP2 & SP3)
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 & 2012
- Internet Explorer
Upgrade to the latest release of AccuTerm® Cloud!
(Existing AccuTerm® Cloud users only)
- Visit our Downloads pages to get the latest version
This sample web page uses AccuTerm® Cloud to access a Linux running a simple “Customer Maintenance” data entry screen. The sample application is available in both character (green-screen) and GUI modes. The sample application is written in Pick/BASIC and is running on the OpenQM database.
In order to view this sample page, you must install the AccuTerm® Cloud plug-in (a download link is shown on the page if the plug-in is not already installed.)
Server license: $995
How Is AccuTerm Cloud Edition Different From AccuTerm 7?
AccuTerm Cloud Edition allows you to connect to your Pick MultiValue system through a web browser. AccuTerm Cloud is deployed as a web page (normal HTML) that is uploaded to a web server, and when the user access the page from their browser, it installs a plug-in, much like Flash, Silverlight, etc. The plug-in essentially wraps the current AccuTerm binary code, and because of this, almost all AccuTerm features are available, including GUI, export to Excel, VBA scripting, etc.
The following are not supported in the AccuTerm Cloud client, or are different:
- The menu, toolbar, and other window decorations are supplied by the browser, not AccuTerm, so it’s not possible to access AccuTerm functions using them or customize them. The right-click popup menu is supported and provides some AccuTerm functions. The functions available are selectable by the administrator (for example, the admin may enable or disable copy/paste).
- Some normal AccuTerm functions can modify the user’s PC or retrieve personal data from the user’s PC. These functions are disabled by default. To enable them, the admin must designate this in the connection settings, AND the user must access the web page from the “Trusted zone”, local intranet, or local hard drive. If an application does not require these advanced features, then the web page can reside in the “Internet zone” (untrusted web site).
- AccuTerm Cloud connections are not typically used by developers, so the development tools (wED Editor and GUI Designer) are not normally installed as part of the plug-in installation. A command-line option is available to install these tools with the plug-in, but this is not the default.
- The Standard and Lite desktop versions of AccuTerm permit (or require) users to update their session configuration: host name, port number, term type, keyboard programming, printer, etc. The Cloud connection file contains all of these settings, as configured by the administrator, and generally they cannot be changed. A few preferences (screen color, printer name), are adjustable by the user. This is often a good thing, because it prevents users from “breaking things”.
- Since the AccuTerm Cloud plug-in is a wrapper for existing AccuTerm binary code, the plug-in only works on Windows (traditional Microsoft Windows, not Windows CE, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone or Windows RT). However it will work on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, Server 2003, 2008 & 2012, and the current preview version of Windows 10. This includes tablet versions of Windows as long as they are running traditional Windows (not Windows RT).
- The AccuTerm Cloud plug-in is built using a cross-browser framework. Originally it worked with IR, Firefox, Chrome and Safari. However, Apple stopped supporting Safari on Windows, and Google has removed support for “NPAPI” plug-ins from Chrome. So at this time, the plug-in works with Internet Explorer and Firefox.