You can now perform a silent install of AccuTerm. A feature mostly used for automated deployment by IT professionals, AccuTerm installations are “pushed” to PCs from the host server. There is an MSI installer embedded in the EXE installer. This is documented in the help, AccuTerm 8 Reference → Customizing the Installation Process. There is an example of the command line needed when using the MSI.
You can drag any session tab out of its window and it will open in a separate window. And you can drag it back to the original window or any other AccuTerm 8 window. Increase your productivity with tear off tabs – only available in AccuTerm 8.
Pete and team have recorded more than a dozen free instructional videos on AccuTerm and related topics including:
- AccuTerm 8 What’s New and Tips for Deployment
- AccuTerm WED Editor and VSCode
- AccuTerm GUI – 4 Part Series
- Dictionaries by Pete Schellenbach
In this latest video (number five in our free MultiValue Educational Series), Pete takes a deep dive into the world of dictionaries including:
- The purpose and power of Dictionaries
- The various types of Dictionaries and their use cases
- A comparison of PICK and Prime Information styles
- The differences between Conversions and Correlatives
If you are part of a larger organization that uses AccuTerm, you may want to check out AccuTerm Enterprise. Designed for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) or environments with hundreds of users, AccuTerm Enterprise provides 5 unique features:
- Standalone web architecture not tied to Zumasys portal
- Embedded white labeling with your web application
- Ability to run AccuTerm GUI through web browser (only available in AccuTerm Enterprise)
- Enterprise license activation for AccuTerm Mobile
- Identity integration – Single Sign On, Active Directory and Azure AD (forthcoming)
We’re excited to announce that between now and December 31, 2021, AccuTerm GUI has been released to AccuTerm IO at no additional cost. This milestone release brings AccuTerm GUI compatibility to the web and allows you to run your existing AccuTerm GUI applications in the browser with little to no additional effort. After January 1, 2022 you must be a paying AccuTerm Enterprise customer to continue to use this functionality.
For questions, please contact Jill Orsini at [email protected].
If you are utilizing AccuTerm 7, now’s the perfect time to upgrade version 8. It’s as simple as downloading AccuTerm 8 and running the installer. Then you can start taking advantage of all our new features including:
- Enhanced security includes the latest OpenSSL encryption
- New user interface includes tear off tabs, drag & drop windows & Visual Studio Code color schemes
- AccuTerm io Web with a new HTML5 browser interface means access from virtually any device
- ReZume session resilience features for recovering hung ports
- New Portal Access for profiles, support & centralized administration
- VS Code Integration via MV Basic
- Plus you get three products instead of one — AccuTerm 8 allows each user to download the desktop, Web for character-based applications & Mobile editions
From now until December 31, 2021, AccuTerm 7 users can benefit from discounted upgrade pricing on AccuTerm 8. Plus you can protect your ability to obtain new versions of the software and bug fixes. If you upgrade after January 1, 2022 you will have to buy new AccuTerm licenses.
Contact Jill Orsini for pricing or information on upgrading to AccuTerm 8.