Our Latest Blogs READ MORE
Our People MEET THE TEAM
We believe that the success of our company is a direct result of the pride and enthusiasm that our team brings to work every day. In the fast-paced, competitive field of infrastructure technology, we are able to attract and retain some of the industry’s best talent by investing in the happiness and satisfaction of our associates.
- Joined: 2010
- Credits: Master’s Business Management | Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) | Board of Directors – Art and Creativity for Healing
- Quote to live by: “Careers are a jungle gym, not a ladder.” – Sheryl Sandberg, Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
- Prized possession: “Arrow of Time” painting by Vladimir Kush
- Favorite band: Elton John
- Inspiration: My mom is a strong, determined, and successful single mother of two. She inspired me to pursue my education and career. Today, she continues to inspire me to work hard and keep learning.
- Employee of the Year: 2011
Michelle Moreno, MBM, PMP
Operations Manager 949 334 0309
Michelle Moreno - Zumasys Operations Manager and a certified Project Management Professional (PMP). Michelle oversees project management for internal infrastructure projects that help Zumasys improve operations. She also plays a key role in planning and organizing Zumapalooza, our biannual infrastructure technology conference.
The first in her family to earn a Master’s Degree in Business Management, Michelle is a strong, focused professional with a passion for education and a desire to grow. After joining Zumasys as Customer Relations Team Leader in 2010, Michelle quickly proved herself to be a valuable asset to the company, earning Employee of the Year 2011 for increasing the efficiency of internal support processes and improving customer experience.
Michelle also managed the implementation of several programs that have been critical to operations, including the ConnectWise CRM, which gives customers more visibility into their service tickets and invoices; LabTech, which can often remediate issues before the client is even aware of a problem; and QuoteWerks, which streamlines the quoting process.
Since 2012, Michelle has co-chaired the Zumapalooza events team, overseeing the budget and logistics for the show. The event, which takes place in Las Vegas, Nevada, attracts more than 300 customers and 54 technology vendors from across the country.
Before joining Zumasys, Michelle worked for many years in the mortgage banking industry. At CitiFinancial, Michelle received many accolades, including Manager of the Year for training and leading her sales team to the top of her district.
At home, Michelle loves to spend time with her sister and her mom crafting, cooking, and hosting parties for family and friends. Their annual Halloween party, which is attended by up to 80 people takes over a month to plan and organize. In February 2013, Michelle joined the board of directors of Art and Creativity for Healing, a nonprofit organization using art and expression to heal the pain of illness, homelessness, abuse, military deployment, and life challenges.
How does what you do benefit customers? I help improve Zumasys’s operations by implementing projects that are designed to increase customer satisfaction and visibility into their current hosting environment.
- Joined: 2013
- Credits: SUNY Morrisville, Associate’s in Mathematics-1981, SUNY Binghamton, Bachelor’s in Accounting-1983
- Favorite band: Metallica, Springsteen
- Inspiration: The dignity and courage I see in people who struggle do simple things like walk, when in my sixth decade I can still run. It reminds me to treasure all of the gifts I have been given by God.
- Favorite lyric: "It’s not what you got, but what you give."
- Quote to live by: "Since we came together so miraculously, let us not lead a trivial life; let us together become active in a noble manner" - Goethe
Senior Developer 949 334 0334
For Kevin Jones, Senior Developer at Zumasys, family has always come first. Growing up in Morrisville, New York, Kevin graduated from SUNY Morrisville A&T with an Associate’s degree in Mathematics and from SUNY Binghamton with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. While working as an accountant in the cable connector industry, Kevin discovered that he had a natural talent for programming, particularly with Pick databases.
Over the next fifteen years Kevin worked at a variety of companies including Oxford Healthy Plans where we was the Technical Lead on the claims clean up process and helping to start a phone company. From 2000 on he worked in Education while raising his four children. Kevin developed applications in both PICK and Visual Studio to help students and faculty more efficiently build schedules as well as winning and award for Alumni portal design.
Knowing how much his family means to him, Kevin has always found fulfillment in building applications and software that helps people get their jobs done quicker, so they can get home to be with their own families. When Tom McTeer first saw Kevin’s work at Murphy and Nolan, Tom recommended to Paul Giobbi that they bring Kevin aboard. Kevin’s focus on family makes him a perfect fit for Zumasys’s culture, where he takes a personal interest in helping customers optimize their Pick databases so they can spend less time worrying about their applications and more time with the people they care about. With over 15 years of experience in Pick databases and SQL servers, Kevin provides the expert knowledge that customers need to get the most out of their business applications.
When he’s not at work, Kevin is most likely out on the field playing Lacrosse with his team (sponsored by a Guinness distributor!). Recently, they won their division at one of the biggest tournaments in the country, the Lake Placid Summit Lacrosse Championship. Off the field, Kevin loves spending time with his kids, listening to music, biking, and gardening.
How does what you do benefit customers? I help customers lower their overhead by optimizing the efficiency of their computer systems, so they can leave work on time and get home to be with their families.
Infrastructure Practice Manager
- Joined: 2010
- Credits: Cisco: CCENT, CCNA, Cisco Unified Computing Technology Support Specialist (DCUCI 642-999), Cisco Data Center Unified Computing Sales Specialist, CCDA, CXFS
- Credits: NetApp: NCDA 7-mode, NCIE-SAN 7-mode, NCDA Clustered ONTAP, NCIE-SAN Clustered ONTAP, NAIP (NetApp Accredited Installation Professional), PS Virtualization Solutions on NetApp Storage Engineer Certification, PS Certification Server Virtualization VMware Certification, Cluster-Mode Partner PS Professional, Cluster-Mode Partner PS Specialist, Cluster-Mode Partner SE Professional, Cluster-Mode Partner SE Specialist
- Credits: VMware: VCP4 / Microsoft: MCP, MCSA, MCSE
- Employee of the Year: 2013
Infrastructure Practice Manager 949 334 0319
Ryan is a leading expert NCIE NetApp Systems Engineer, with extensive knowledge in VMware, and enterprise technologies. He has engineered and administered systems and networks for 8 years, 4 of which have been for large-scale networks with over 1,800 users with 99.998% uptime. Ryan currently holds certificates in NetApp, VMware, and Microsoft with an emphasis on Microsoft Exchange.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, Ryan's primary role at Zumasys is to implement sophisticated technology solutions for customers, explain how the technology works, and what their limitations are. His personal goal is to give the highest quality deliverable, and to paint a clear picture of exactly what the end goal will look like before the implementation begins.
Our Purpose LEARN MORE
At Zumasys, we believe that “happyness” is not a destination—it’s a choice. In just two years, we’ve already given away over $600,000, and we are on track to reach our goal of $1 million by the end of 2015.